Happy New Year, everyone!
Today we share Gilligan’s Goals for 2015 while looking back at some highlights of the fun we shared with you in 2014. Thanks so much for stopping by, and for your support! Your community, comments, and camaraderie are very special to us!
1. Appear on TV
Gilligan has high hopes about appearing on television for The Lucy Foundation’s “The Lucy Bowl,” a commercial that will appear during The Kitten Bowl on the Hallmark Channel (the same day as The Super Bowl – Feb. 1, 2015). The commercial will include very important information about the responsibilities we have towards our furry friends.
Gilly entered the below photo in the contest, giving him a chance to earn a spot on TV through the magic of CGI. See how you could enter your pet for a chance to be on TV, too! There will be more contests in the future, but hurry up and enter your pet’s photo before this Friday, Jan. 2nd, at 11:59EST for your chance to win!
If you’re interested in blogging about the Lucy Pet Foundation and this campaign, email email@example.com, for more info, graphics, videos and interview opportunities – and a special private contest just for bloggers!
For Twitter: Post your pet pic with “We want to go to The Lucy Bowl!” and add the hashtag #TheLucyBowl and @LucyPetFdn.
For Facebook: Post your pet pic with “We want to go to The Lucy Bowl!” with the hashtag #TheLucyBowl, and tag the Lucy Pet Foundation’s FB page.
For Instagram: Post your pet pic with “We want to go to The Lucy Bowl!” and tag the Lucy Pet Foundation’s Instagram account: @LucyPetFdn.
You can even enter by email. Just send your pet pic with “We want to go to The Lucy Bowl!” to Contest@LucyPetFoundation.org.
2. Social Media
Facebook – Reach 1,000 Likes
Twitter – Reach 500 Followers
We’ve already reached over 80 Followers in less than the month’s time since being on Twitter. Special Thanks goes to BlogPaws.com for their #BlogPawsChat, which has greatly increased the rate at which we’ve been able to connect with others and share tweets. Come Follow Gilligan (@WagsAhoy) on Twitter!
Instagram – Become More Active
We’ve been dabbling on Instagram thus far. We’ll be looking to post more content, but won’t be focusing on explicit goals just yet. See Gilligan’s Instagram and send us some feedback of what you might like to see!
It’s a new year, and we have some fresh goals for what Gilligan will want to achieve with this here blog!
- 100 New Quality Posts – We’ve already brought you 50+ posts since our start in the latter half of 2014, but this year, we want to focus on a fewer amount of more quality posts. This means you’re likely not to see us every single day, but we hope to bring you posts with more content each time, and about twice per week. We want to thank all of our friends hosting regular Blog Hops, and will “make the rounds” through them this upcoming year!
According to the number monkeys at WordPress, you liked The Original Teddy Ween best of all of our 2014 posts. We will also be planning to feature more volumes of our “Ween Cuisine” segment, as well as more book reviews, so keep tuning in!
- Reach 100 Followers – Those of you who have enjoyed our content enough to Follow us here: THANK YOU SO MUCH! We’re hoping to increase our followership to 100 from currently around 20 Followers, so if you’re not among the official fans of this Blog, go ahead and hit the “Follow” button today!
- Complete 5 Product Reviews – We’ve already got a few products lined up to tell you about throughout the year, and look forward to sharing our honest opinion. Thanks to the lovely folks at What’s Up Dox Dachshund Shoppe for providing us the opportunity to review some of their products!
4. YouTube – Reach 5,000 Views
We’ve reached over 1,200 views in 2014, many of which were for our music video “I’m Gilly,” a full-length rap parody of the song “A Milli” by “Lil’ Wayne” that Gilly created for a special Halloween contest hosted by Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund. Ours was performed, of course, by “Lil’ Ween!” Check it out below if you missed it!
For explicit content goals, we are aiming to produce:
– 10 Total New Videos
– 2 Music Videos
5. Personal/ Obedience Training
We’ll also be bringing you more content exploring training with Gilligan. He has made great progress in 2014, but next year will hold new challenges that must be met with new discipline. Below are some key benchmarks we hope to achieve with Weens in 2015. More treats will be required. 😉
– Master the “Lay Down” Command – “Sit” has become more consistent, but laying down is not Gilly’s forte, just yet. He has picked this up over the holidays and is showing improvement.
– Master the “Heel” Command – It has been on and off, but Gilligan is slowly becoming better at consistently obeying the “Heel” command and resisting the urge to run ahead of the pack leader.
– Make 1 New Walkies Furiend – Gilligan does get nervous meeting new dogs. He hopes to be able to make a new dog friend that he can walk with in the park calmly. This will be a big benchmark for his socialization.
Featured Header Image: Modified from "Happy New Year text" by Roula30 - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Happy_New_Year_text.png#mediaviewer/File:Happy_New_Year_text.png
Now you can Follow, Like and Share the joy of Gilligan with friends on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, and YouTube. Thanks so much for stopping by today! 🙂
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
We’re also joining the brand new Pinch Punch Post Blog Hop is hosted by Earl’s World! alongside cohosts My Dog Diaries and My Mutt Riley. This is a monthly hop that looks forward to what that month will hold, and we thought Resolutions would be the best theme for January.